It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Facebook stock tank because of Zuckerberg's intermarriage which violates Jewish law?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
www.israelnationalnews.com...

A letter written by the head of an anti assimilation agency for Jews addressed to Zuckerberg can only be described as a religious troll speech, insulting his wife for not being Jewish, saying his kids will not be Jewish, and calling him his Hebrew name Mordechai despite Zuckerberg never using that name himself.

As most know Zuckerbeg got married right after his stock opened, so maybe a coincidence because the facebook was overhyped, but are his investors bailing on him because he insulted their religion?

I'll say more about this but if I don't post now I never will. Your thoughts?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The interesting thing is this does not have to be a conspiracy per se. This letter would be enough to signal to the orthodox community to boycott facebook stock. Basically whenever the Jewish lobby insults someone, like Helen Thomas, it is all inclusive, they even take away medals of journalism. This letter does not mean they disapprove of his marriage but still like the guy. The letter was clear he did not like Zuckerberg despite having no idea who he is or claiming as such. I wondered if this letter is a hoax it is so blatanly prejudiced. But, it's real.

Zuckerberg has been in the news a lot, not just the facbook tanking but in a Chinese police video, is this some type of tactic to let the newly weds know they will always be watched? And again he was in the news at a restaurant in Italy where he "left no tip".

Truth is, his stock may be fallng because of Jewish pressure, but the real conspiracy is the media for ignoring the inter-marriage controversy. They do no want the rest of the world to know the Jews view intermarriage as a sin.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The trading system was insanely overtaxed when it went public, both from mass amounts of buys and sells and also from the high-frequency trades that bog the system down on any given day in the first place. Thousands of shares were being trades in milliseconds, to the point that orders got backed up for days. No conspiracy there except Wall St not being at all familiar with technology to the point they need to be in this electronic trading age. Jews could not possibly account for more than a very, very small fraction of those trades unless they literally sold one share at a time. It would be a bigger embarrassment to Judaism if one of the richest and [currently] most powerful Jews had what's being called the worst IPO in decades, than it would be for him to marry a non-Jew, which happens all.the.time.

He married her afterwards because in California, you are entitled to half of everything earned *after* your wedding, not before. She will not be entitled to the IPO profits he made.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Judaism 101: Jewish Attitudes Toward Non-Jews
www.jewfaq.org/gentiles.htm - Similarto Judaism 101: Jewish Attitudes Toward Non-Jews

The word shiksa is most commonly used to refer to a non-Jewish woman who is dating or married to a Jewish man, which should give some indication of how ...

The more insulting terms for non-Jews are shiksa (feminine) and shkutz (masculine). I gather that these words are derived from the Hebrew root Shin-Qof-Tzadei, meaning loathsome or abomination. The word shiksa is most commonly used to refer to a non-Jewish woman who is dating or married to a Jewish man, which should give some indication of how strongly Jews are opposed to the idea of intermarriage

Traditional Judaism does not permit interfaith marriages. The Torah states that the children of such marriages would be lost to Judaism (Deut. 7:3-4), and experience has shown the truth of this passage all too well. The 2000 National Jewish Population Survey found that only a third of interfaith couples raise their children Jewish, despite increasing efforts in the Reform and Conservative communities to welcome interfaith couples.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It tanked because the stock went for 100 billion dollars and the company only grosses 1% of that a year.

Additionally it is running with a flawed business plan.
edit on 30-5-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Add to that Buffet came out and said he had no plans to buy FB stock, citing his many reasons, and everyone else pulled back a second from all the propaganda and hype and rethought things last-minute.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

How big a part does this guy play in the debacale??
Saverin not Schumer. lol He has an Asian squeeze too.

Chuck Schumer Denounces Eduardo Saverin Defenders, Nazi ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/chuck-schumer-eduardo-saverin-nazi-compar...

5 days ago ... WASHINGTON -- After being compared to the Nazis for targeting people like the Facebook co-founder who renounced his U.S. citizenship and ...

edit on 5/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: no reason

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
It tanked because the stock went for 100 billion dollars and the company only grosses 1% of that a year.

Additionally it is running with a flawed business plan.

You beat me to it Spyder550.

Not only that, but the MSM is also guilty of pumping up this IPO based on mere stupidity and emotional whims about a puffed up website that offers little or no value to the market.

Facebook is doomed to fail. While it may be popular and "chic" it has no substance. It is built upon the narcissism of its users. And that can only go so far.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think that it had more to do with price to earning ratio.

This is an investment. If the numbers don't pan out, people wont' pay the price.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Lots of people who owned shares in facebook sold them on the first day so the price of the stock went down..simple as that.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

What could this have to do with the whole mess??

Mark Zuckerberg Describes the 'Dirty Tricks' That ...
gawker.com/5643915/

Sep 21, 2010 ... Eduardo Saverin went to New York for an internship at Lehman ... Confidant: I'm not sure it's worth a potential lawsuit just to redistribute shares.

[ More results from gawker.com ]

Mark, Facebook, and Eduardo declined interview requests for this story, but we can infer some of Mark's thinking from previously unpublished instant messages he wrote during the time.

In one IM to a friend, Mark described his new partner, Eduardo, as the "head of the investment society." Eduardo was rich, Mark went on to say, because "apparently insider trading isn't illegal in Brazil."

Mark also partnered with Eduardo because Eduardo gave the impression he knew something about business. Eduardo was the kind of guy who wore suits to class at Harvard, and he left people—including Mark—with the impression that he was connected to the Brazilian mafia.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Facebook is doomed to fail. While it may be popular and "chic" it has no substance. It is built upon the narcissism of its users. And that can only go so far.

This I disagree with. Hyped up, pumped up, yes. No substance or value to markets: absolutely not true. The narcissistic users have ads served to them, which are affordable enough for even a very-very-small business owner like myself to take advantage of. Besides ads, there's viral marketing using Facebook Pages that has brought tons of *free* attention to small business owners as well. Half of my business is directed to my site via the FB page, and the page serves as a great place for people to give non-anonymous feedback about your product, which drives many sales. Facebook is not easily exploited by huge companies for major profits, but its usefulness to the small-time (REAL) marketplace that affects the little guy is immense.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

The ads are ignorable, and free exposure to small businesses - does not do anything for the bottom line.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

The adds are ignorable, and free exposure to small businesses - does not do anything for the bottom line.

I'm not arguing that it's a great plan for Facebook's money-making efforts, I'm arguing that Facebook definitely is useful for and adds to the very small business sector. It's not simply a bastion of narcissism, it's also a place for businesses who cannot otherwise afford it to advertise and generate buzz for their products and in turn generate new sales. I have used Facebook ads, they do work, and yes they are ignorable and blockable, but they also bring in business. Having a catchy ad can make the difference between a click and an ignore. But at least it's affordable.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

Wow, somebody has their tin foil hat on far too tight.

I mean, sure, Israel has a lot of control and what not, but I don't think the PTB are upset over some marriage, or that they care that much about facebook.

Besides, logically speaking, why would they take down one of the greatest spying and data collection tools every created/conceived?

WHere people willingly provide their deep dark secrets, life details, and a host of other personal information for people to trade and sell as they please?

~Tenth

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Lord Jules

Wow, somebody has their tin foil hat on far too tight.

I mean, sure, Israel has a lot of control and what not, but I don't think the PTB are upset over some marriage, or that they care that much about facebook.

Besides, logically speaking, why would they take down one of the greatest spying and data collection tools every created/conceived?

WHere people willingly provide their deep dark secrets, life details, and a host of other personal information for people to trade and sell as they please?

~Tenth

Hi tenth,
So do you think this whole debacle is just a Madoff ponzi scheme?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The ads also do not appear on many mobile devices ie smartphones , now what do we think will be the most used device to access facebook?in the coming year ?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I don't know, why don't you do some research and find something to cite instead of posting the rhetorical question? Enlighten us all.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

ok my huge amount of research....says smartphones

even facebook themselves acknowledge this

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Then you should cite your research, not act like it's universal knowledge. Please, give me your links, I'd love to read them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join